Motor Insurance (also known as car insurance or auto insurance) is insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles.
Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise therefrom. In addition, motor insurance may extend to offers financial protection against theft of the vehicle and damage to the vehicle sustained from malicious damage as well as fire.
The Motor policy provides protection against accidental loss or damage to motor vehicle including any standard accessories and spare parts as well legal liability which the insured shall be legally liable to pay as damages for accidental bodily injury and or damage to property of 3rd parties including tow costs and expenses incurred with the written consent of the company.
The Law requires that all vehicles on public roads must have insurance or a form of security against third-party property damage, bodily injury or death liabilities.
The various scopes of cover available are as follows:
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Third Party only
Why choose Covenant Insurance Brokers?
Why do you need motor insurance?
This is the widest cover available and provides indemnity from:
- Accidental damage to the vehicle, including fire damage
- Theft of vehicle
- Damage to other vehicles or property (TPPD)
- Injury to or death of a passenger in your vehicle (applicable to private cars)
- Injury to or death of Third Party person(s) outside your vehicle, caused by your vehicle (TPPI)
The above are the basic areas under the Comprehensive cover. However, the policy can be extended to cover the following, normally at a nominal additional cost;
- Riot, strike and civil commotion.
- Flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption and earthquake.
- Windscreen (Replacement if windscreen breaks accidentally)
- Non-standard accessories like radio cassette etc
- Medical expenses
- Towing expenses
Third Party, Fire and Theft cover
It has features of Comprehensive cover but excludes damage arising from an accident. It covers third party risks and in addition to that, it also covers loss or damage by fire, external explosion, self-ignition or lighting or burglary or theft.
The policy may be extended to include the above extra covers under comprehensive cover.
Third Party Only
This covers liability for third party property damage, personal injuries or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act.
- Loss of Use
- Depreciation, Wear & Tear
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown Failures & Breakages
- Damage to Tyres by Application of Brakes, Road Punctures, Cuts or Bursts
- Cover Excluded from The Comprehensive Cover
- Personal Accident Benefits
- Medical Expenses
- Rugs, Clothes, and Personal Effects